Well, we have hit the last day of September and it finally is starting to feel like fall. In fact, as I sit here writing this post, I am curled up on my sectional, cozied under a sweater and tucked under a blanket with a mug of coffee. It feels great to bundle and not sweat, let me tell you!
It is right about now that I will insert the *I can’t believe that we are nine months into the year and that another month has come and gone* sentence. I know, it gets quite repetitive, but don’t get me wrong here – 2017 is flying by.
Overall, the month of September wasn’t too busy for me. I spent more time having fun than worrying about the stress that often comes along with school and work.
Here’s into a look of all I’ve done this past month!
- Spent Labor Day in Lake George with my family
- Celebrated the first day of school, kicking off a new year with new kiddos
- Participated in the Out of the Darkness walk in Buffalo, raising money for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Visited my brother at the University of Akron for a football game
- Started back up with dance classes for the year
- The usual work and homework and class schedule
- Had Open House at work
- Hung out with various members of my family and friends, concluding the month tonight by doing just that
October is my favorite month of the year and I could not be more excited to welcome it in, starting tomorrow!
What are some of your favorite things you’ve done this month? xoxo.
Well, friends. It’s back! [And missing the “#.0 tagline, but who really will miss that?!].
I full on expected this post to be filled with comfy and cozy sweaters, blankets, and pillows as an ode to fall and all things crisp and cozy, but, naturally, this week has already peaked at 90 degree temperatures so that is not happening. But, hey. Life goes on! Here’s some of the things I’ve been loving this month:
- Will and Grace. Ladies and gentlemen near and far. I have longed for the day that Will and Grace would be available to stream online. I felt as if a chunk of 90’s TV was missing and that Friends was just not enough *gasp* I know. Well, long no more! Thanks to Hulu, my prayers and dreams have been answered. I am way too excited for the revival season starting up soon and channeling all of this excitement into binge watching the past 8-seasons and 194-episodes. I have been laughing so hard, it hurts. I am already into season two and it hasn’t even been a week. No shame in my game.
- This is Us. Two TV shows in one post, I know.. who am I? Because my schedule is more hectic than not, I am the self-proclaimed worst at watching current TV series. Same goes for This is Us. I started this series about two months ago and just finished season 1 yesterday. Yes, I am late to the party, don’t all shame me at once. But I will go so far as to say this; this is hands-down the best show that has ever been on television. It deserves every Emmy nomination and win ever. This show is real. You connect to the characters and their struggles. You laugh, you cry, you get pissed off. You can’t get enough. Tuesday can’t come soon enough – I’m ready for season 2!
- Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte’s from Starbucks. It is no secret from my love of Target, Pinterest, and Starbucks that I am a perfect fit for the “basic white girl” joke that continues to float around every aspect of life. I will admit – I am not the biggest pumpkin spice fan in the world. Do I hate it? No. But I was never really one to obsessively chug PSL’s every waking second of everyday. That is, until this whole pumpkin spice chai tea latte came about. The extra dose of cinnamon and spice makes this beverage taste no short of a nice slice of pumpkin pie. Add some espresso in there and you’re flying through your Monday morning. Again, due to overwhelmingly hot weather, I have not tried it hot, only iced. But it’s definitely a winner.
- Pale Waves “Television Romance.” I feel as if this band plopped into my life at quite the perfect time. I go though these phases where I get so sick of the music I listen to and am desperately searching for something new. All thanks to my loves, The 1975, I was introduced to this band on their most recent tour. Now, here I sit overplaying their singles, patiently waiting for their upcoming album, and debating purchasing tickets to their upcoming tour. You can listen to their newest track, here.
What are some things you can’t get enough of this month? xoxo.
“And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” – Oscar Wilde
Yesterday marked the first day of fall and, well, you sure could fool me considering we are experiencing some near-90 degree temperatures this weekend.
If you know me, you know it’s no surprise fall is my favorite season. I love the colors of the leaves changing, the smell of the air, the football, the overall coziness that comes with all that fall has to offer. It’s also no surprise that I’ve been going a little fall crazy lately between candles, scented plug ins, decorations, pillows, blankets, candy, you name it, I’ve got it.
So although it is technically fall, I am patiently waiting for my favorite season to begin in all its glory. I am longing for the day that I can start wearing my fall wardrobe and can stop sweating every time I try to walk to my car [slightly joking, slightly not]. I know once fall ends and winter makes its way into my life, I will be mocking myself for ever wishing this warm weather away, but I just need my fresh, crisp air.
So, with that being said, happy fall everyone! What are your favorite fall traditions? xoxo.
Holy crap, guys. It’s September 1st.
By the time this posts, I will be en route to Lake George, New York for the Labor Day weekend. This will be the last few days I have to relax before kick-starting into the new school year! As always, we will end August with a little recap of the month that has passed.
This month’s experiences included:
- The end of summer session for my kiddos.
- The final grad parties of the year.
- A few days off for a mini-vacation.
- Saying goodbye to my brother, his girlfriend, and my cousin as they went off to college.
- Celebrating my parents’ 25th wedding anniversary.
- Moving my brother into college in Akron, Ohio.
- The beginning of my last semester of grad school. [!!!!!!]
- Going to the Buffalo Bisons game and eating my first hot dog since age three.
- Working a couple weeks of summer camp.
- Going to Canandaigua, New York.
- Winning for the first time at Bingo.
The month of August was one that, I think, my entire family really dreaded. A lot of changes occurred throughout this month, and some of us have been more effected than others. Nonetheless, the month really was a great end to summer and a good welcoming into the fall season, and there are many things that I have to look forward to during the month of September!
What are some of your hilights for the month of August?! xoxo.