I know, I know. First thing on your mind has to be, ‘but Gab, it’s November!” My response to this is quite simple – it’s three days into the new month, so how could I possibly have a favorites list for the month of November already?! Again, simply stated, I can’t!
With that being said, let’s dive into the things I couldn’t get enough of throughout the month of October!
- IKEA KIVIK series. Guys, I LOVE MY NEW COUCH. You don’t really realize how much a cozy, comfortable couch matters until you’ve been sitting on a
shitty futon from Walmart for well over a year! This bad boy [pictured above] was purchased at IKEA in St. Catherines, Ontario. The road to picking a couch was a long one [especially that day when we made it all the way to the basement of IKEA to get our stock only to realize the boxes were way to big to fit into the Jeep]. But this long road was totally and completely worth it. I love sitting in the living room to watch Netflix or Hulu now. And, I’ve gone into crazy-redecoration mode ever since this couch has made it into our living room, which can be either good or bad, depending on how you look at it [and yes, those are Christmas decorations starting to trickle in already..oops].
- Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm in the shade Healthy Blush. Let me shout it from the rooftops, I LOVE THIS LIP BALM. It moisturizes your lips while adding a healthy tint of color to them. It is totally everyday-wearable, is infused with SPF 20 and comes in four different shades. I got mine at Target for $6.49.
- hopeless fountain kingdom. God bless Halsey. God bless her talent. God bless this album. I’ve loved this girl from the start [well, really all thanks to my brother’s girlfriend for introducing me to her years ago], and I continue to love her through today. From “100 Letters” to “Walls Could Talk” this album can’t be beat. Plus it includes hits “Bad at Love” and “Now or Never,” songs you basically can’t turn on the radio without hearing. 10/10 recommend.
- Peace Love World. Surprisingly enough, my grandmother introduced me to this clothing brand all thanks to her slight obsession with QVC. She bought two shirts for me off air that she thought I would love and, boy, was she right! The material is so beyond soft and comfortable, yet when you wear them you look like you are right on trend with today’s fashion. I’ve gotten many compliments on these tops ever since they’ve been added to my wardrobe. And, added bonus, they have the little thumb holes in the sleeves for even more cozy comfort! Check it out here.
What are some things you couldn’t live without last month? xoxo.
Nothing says October playlist quite like songs that remind you of fall, both new and old, and an ode to love, thanks to anniversary months.
Check out the songs I’ve been loving!
What are some songs you’ve been loving? xoxo.
Well, we have hit the last day of September and it finally is starting to feel like fall. In fact, as I sit here writing this post, I am curled up on my sectional, cozied under a sweater and tucked under a blanket with a mug of coffee. It feels great to bundle and not sweat, let me tell you!
It is right about now that I will insert the *I can’t believe that we are nine months into the year and that another month has come and gone* sentence. I know, it gets quite repetitive, but don’t get me wrong here – 2017 is flying by.
Overall, the month of September wasn’t too busy for me. I spent more time having fun than worrying about the stress that often comes along with school and work.
Here’s into a look of all I’ve done this past month!
- Spent Labor Day in Lake George with my family
- Celebrated the first day of school, kicking off a new year with new kiddos
- Participated in the Out of the Darkness walk in Buffalo, raising money for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Visited my brother at the University of Akron for a football game
- Started back up with dance classes for the year
- The usual work and homework and class schedule
- Had Open House at work
- Hung out with various members of my family and friends, concluding the month tonight by doing just that
October is my favorite month of the year and I could not be more excited to welcome it in, starting tomorrow!
What are some of your favorite things you’ve done this month? xoxo.
“And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” – Oscar Wilde
Yesterday marked the first day of fall and, well, you sure could fool me considering we are experiencing some near-90 degree temperatures this weekend.
If you know me, you know it’s no surprise fall is my favorite season. I love the colors of the leaves changing, the smell of the air, the football, the overall coziness that comes with all that fall has to offer. It’s also no surprise that I’ve been going a little fall crazy lately between candles, scented plug ins, decorations, pillows, blankets, candy, you name it, I’ve got it.
So although it is technically fall, I am patiently waiting for my favorite season to begin in all its glory. I am longing for the day that I can start wearing my fall wardrobe and can stop sweating every time I try to walk to my car [slightly joking, slightly not]. I know once fall ends and winter makes its way into my life, I will be mocking myself for ever wishing this warm weather away, but I just need my fresh, crisp air.
So, with that being said, happy fall everyone! What are your favorite fall traditions? xoxo.