Well, friends. It’s back! [And missing the “#.0 tagline, but who really will miss that?!].
I full on expected this post to be filled with comfy and cozy sweaters, blankets, and pillows as an ode to fall and all things crisp and cozy, but, naturally, this week has already peaked at 90 degree temperatures so that is not happening. But, hey. Life goes on! Here’s some of the things I’ve been loving this month:
- Will and Grace. Ladies and gentlemen near and far. I have longed for the day that Will and Grace would be available to stream online. I felt as if a chunk of 90’s TV was missing and that Friends was just not enough *gasp* I know. Well, long no more! Thanks to Hulu, my prayers and dreams have been answered. I am way too excited for the revival season starting up soon and channeling all of this excitement into binge watching the past 8-seasons and 194-episodes. I have been laughing so hard, it hurts. I am already into season two and it hasn’t even been a week. No shame in my game.
- This is Us. Two TV shows in one post, I know.. who am I? Because my schedule is more hectic than not, I am the self-proclaimed worst at watching current TV series. Same goes for This is Us. I started this series about two months ago and just finished season 1 yesterday. Yes, I am late to the party, don’t all shame me at once. But I will go so far as to say this; this is hands-down the best show that has ever been on television. It deserves every Emmy nomination and win ever. This show is real. You connect to the characters and their struggles. You laugh, you cry, you get pissed off. You can’t get enough. Tuesday can’t come soon enough – I’m ready for season 2!
- Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte’s from Starbucks. It is no secret from my love of Target, Pinterest, and Starbucks that I am a perfect fit for the “basic white girl” joke that continues to float around every aspect of life. I will admit – I am not the biggest pumpkin spice fan in the world. Do I hate it? No. But I was never really one to obsessively chug PSL’s every waking second of everyday. That is, until this whole pumpkin spice chai tea latte came about. The extra dose of cinnamon and spice makes this beverage taste no short of a nice slice of pumpkin pie. Add some espresso in there and you’re flying through your Monday morning. Again, due to overwhelmingly hot weather, I have not tried it hot, only iced. But it’s definitely a winner.
- Pale Waves “Television Romance.” I feel as if this band plopped into my life at quite the perfect time. I go though these phases where I get so sick of the music I listen to and am desperately searching for something new. All thanks to my loves, The 1975, I was introduced to this band on their most recent tour. Now, here I sit overplaying their singles, patiently waiting for their upcoming album, and debating purchasing tickets to their upcoming tour. You can listen to their newest track, here.
What are some things you can’t get enough of this month? xoxo.
It’s been a hot minute since I did a post like this since I really didn’t have anything I was really, truly obsessed with. But I am starting to get back to the swing of things, so here’s your chance to dive into things I currently can’t live without.
- Sign of the Times by Harry Styles. So, I will admit, I was so anti-1D the past few years that I was practically waiting to get stoned to death by herds of teenage girls shunning me for this unheard of behavior. When Harry Styles came out with his first solo-single, my brother’s girlfriend and my little cousin talked about it nonstop and I found myself wanting to give it a listen solely for the fact I wanted to jump in on the conversation. Listening to this song turned into obsessing over his SNL performance turned into playing this song on repeat over and over and over again. It’s catchy. It’s beautiful. It’s everything. You can watch/listen to it, here.
- milk and honey by Rupi Kaur. This, hands down, is the most beautiful book of poetry I have ever read. I had seen this book for, what felt like years, all over social media. I decided to give in and be “trendy” and see what the hype is all about. I have read it, easily, five times already since the day I purchased it. Highly recommend.
- NHL Playoffs. There is nothing better than playoff hockey. Nothing. Yes, I love all sports – baseball, football, basketball, and so on. But hockey is my one true love. My team has been absent from the playoffs for many years, no surprise, but that does not mean I cannot appreciate a good game of hockey when I see one. I always dread the end of the Stanley Cup finals because then I am left wondering what the heck I am possibly going to watch after it is over.
- NYX Professional Total Control Drop Foundation. So, most recently [aka within the last year or so], I have become obsessed with laying in bed at night watching YouTube beauty bloggers. I don’t know if it’s the fact that I don’t understand how they get their makeup to get so flawless, or the info they provide on so many different products, but I am obsessed. This foundation is one that I’ve seen many times, so I decided to give it a try. I grabbed it at Ulta for about $12 or so. It’s so lightweight but has extremely full coverage, I love it and I will never go back to anything else.
What are some things you’ve been obsessing over? xoxo.
It has been a while since I’ve done a post like this, so welcome back! Here’s some things I currently can’t get enough of:
- Drake. It’s no secret that Drake dropped his new album, More Life. It is also no secret that I am absolutely, whole-heartedly obsessed with Drake. What made my soul beam from the mountaintops is the fact that Drake literally gave Niagara Falls and Buffalo a quick little shoutout in his song ‘Can’t Have Everything.’ That’s just one gem off this 22 song album, so I suggest you go listen.
- The Mindy Project. I realize that I am probably a little behind on this trend, as I usually am when it comes to TV shows. I just recently in the last couple of months signed up for Hulu and was introduced to a whole entire new world of TV and movies that I normally would never give the light of day, The Mindy Project being one of them. This show is absolutely freaking hilarious and is the prefect little pick me up if you need a good laugh on a day when you would just rather a) cry or b) kill someone.
- Mediterranean Veggie Burgers. This past weekend, my boyfriend brought up the topic of veggie burgers a handful of times [for God knows what reason], so I decided to try it out. I went to my nearest Wegmans and picked up a pack of Morning Star Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers. They are made with chickpeas, spinach, and roma tomatoes and contain 10g of protein, 7g of fiber, and 70% less fat than ground beef. I paired them with red pepper hummus and a little onion on a whole wheat flatbread. Ahhhhmazing.
- Blistex Lip Medex Lip Protectant. This winter has absolutely killed my lips in terms of dryness. I am struggling to even wear any lipsticks out of my way too large collection because my lips get so dry, that they physically hurt. So far, this Blister is the absolute only thing that has worked for me. My lips are moisturized and they look healthy. Plus it is under $2, so everyone wins!
Thirteen days later, and we are back for a new version of “learn about more things that are currently consuming my life.” Enjoy!
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I started this Netflix original series one night just to play in the background of my room as I was trying to sleep. I knew I was going to pass out at any given time, and didn’t want to miss out on important parts of Parenthood, so I scrolled through and found this little gem of a series. Oh my god, it is so funny. It kind of has the same vibe [and some of the same actors!] as 30 Rock, which I love. Plus, I feel like anything involving Tina Fey is automatically iconic. I am done with the two seasons available and am constantly wishing for more!
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. Not going to lie here, I completely judged a book by its cover considering it was a required text for school that my professor sprung on us the second day of the semester, telling us we had to complete and write a 10 page response on in 7 days. So, I was bitter about it before I even read the first word. But as I am a little more than halfway done, I realize that this is a great choice for a required-read for just about anyone approaching the scary real-world, or anyone who needs a little pick-me-up. These seven habits are important life lessons – be proactive, begin with the end in mind, put first things first, think win-win, seek first to understand-then to be understood, synergize, and sharpen the saw.
- Nyx Cosmetics Epic Ink Lip Dye in the shade Blaze. I went to Ulta the other day for a new beauty blender and saw the massive display of this new [I think?] lip line from Nyx. I grabbed one in the shade Blaze and figured I’d try it out, not only because it was new, but because the shade looked killer [and, of course, I had a coupon]. The formula is extremely thin, kind of not what I expected, but something I loved. It dried super fast into this super-matte-lightweight-yet-bold lip color. I wore it the entire day and did a very small touch up only once. Highly recommend.
- John Mayer, The Search for Everything: Wave 1. Guys, are you kidding me? From 2013 up until now was the world’s longest wait for some new music from John Mayer. Sometimes when artists go so long without releasing anything new, I get nervous because Lord only knows how the music will sound. But in this instance, this album was so beyond worth the wait, I don’t even know what else to say about it. Just listen to it, and you’ll get what I mean.
- The 1975. I am obsessed with them every day/week/month/year of my life, that is nothing new here, but this week’s obsession with the band stems from the fact that they are playing two freaking nights in my hometown on their spring tour. Annnnd I got approved for a presale code to buy tickets tomorrow. Nothing can really top this right now. xoxo.