I come from a family of purse hoarders. Not solely in the sense of purchasing bags, but filling these bags with items that are not really necessarily for everyday functioning, leaving said bag weighing 35 pounds and causing back problems.
With that being said, welcome to a new thread of posts hilighting the things I carry around on a daily basis. While my bag does not weigh 35 pounds, I hope that shedding light on all of the unnecessary things I carry on a daily basis will help me to eliminatesome of this clutter in the near future.
Kate Spade Emerson Place Small Ryley Black Quilted Leather Handbag | I got this handbag as an absolute steal amidst my small stint working at the Kate Spade Outlet during last year’s holiday season. We would get select merchandise from the retail stores sent to us from time to time and were able to use our insane employee discount on these ridiculously gorgeous, expensive bags. This specific bag lasted a whole, I’d say, 3 minutes on the shelf in the stockroom before I made it mine.
What’s in it:
- Kate Spade Cameron Street Lacey wallet | Again, a purchase during my short stint as a Kate Spade employee. This wallet is my absolute fav due to the fact that a) it holds everything, and b) it’s big enough to use as a clutch in times where I don’t feel like lugging a bag around. And, extra points, it holds my phone!
- Bath and Body Works Shea Butter hand cream in the scent Cucumber Melon | With the changing weather comes the cracked, dry hands. This travel size shea butter hand cream is a god send for those days when my hands don’t quite feel like they can make it through another moment! And cucumber melon? Brings me straight back to the ’90s!
- Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade Exposed | My go-to nude lip. It goes with any possible look and compliments my skin tone perfectly. I keep this in my bag at all times for those days that I either forget to put on a lipstick, or when later on during the day I am questioning my sanity as to why I didn’t wear a lip color in the first place.
- Vera Bradley Breakaway Lanyard | aka home to my work I.D. and a Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer in the scent Energy, another favorite of mine from BBW.
- Chapstick Total Hydration chapstick in the scent Sweet Peach | I apply this to my lips every morning before work and every night before bed, and sometimes a few hours in-between. This scent is apparently specifically made for Target, so naturally, I own it. And the formula? Feels like butter. Can’t get much better.
- e.l.f. Mattifying Setting Powder in the shade Translucent | For those afternoon pick-me-ups that are needed after chasing kids around a classroom all day. It’s cheap, the packaging is durable, and it does its’ job.
- A pen | Can’t leave the house without one. Mostly because the thought of touching everyone else’s germy pens really grosses me out.
- Checkbook | Yes, I am old school. Yes, I have a checkbook. Get over it!
- Vera Bradley Soft Eyeglasses Case | aka home to either my glasses or my sunglasses, depending on which one is currently on my face
- Orbit gum | To kick the post-coffee breath.
- Ibuprofen | For mid-afternoon headaches, or casual aches and pains.
- Asthma inhaler | For when I really want to breathe but really can’t.
- Headphones | For the semi-rare occasion I go to the gym.
- Keys | To either enter my home or drive my car, both essential to living.
- iPhone | Can’t leave home without it.
What are some of the essentials you carry with you daily? xoxo.