April came and went in the blink of an eye. All of a sudden I flipped the page in my planner and it was May 1st, and I was a week out from the end of the semester. April was a month filled with an overabundance of ups and downs, and I could not be happier that it is over and I am now onto this clean slate that is the month of May.
In regards to my personal life, a glimpse of some the things that happened in April are:
- A celebration of World Autism Day alongside my ever-so-perfect students.
- Saying goodbye to my very first car and treating myself to a brand new one.
- Participating in a 4 mile walk/fundraiser at my job to raise awareness for Autism, as well as help support the school I am blessed to work at each morning.
- A relaxing spring break from both school and work.
- Celebrating my grandmother’s birthday.
- Attending my brother’s final Varsity Singers concert.
- Watching my brother commit to the University of Akron.
- Endless amounts of studying, projects, and assignments pushing me toward finals week.
- A 20-day search for a lost friend that ended in a way in which I cannot explain.
May so far has started off on a low note, other than celebrating my brother’s 18th birthday, as we are still continuing to live through the tragic loss of a lifelong friend with many unanswered questions. My personal life caught up to me, so the blog this month severely suffered, especially the last few days with all that has been going on. But, there are plenty of exciting things on the calendar during this month ahead of me. Here’s to a new chapter. xoxo.