I’m sure we’ve all had our ups and downs when it comes to relationships. But how do you know if he or she is the one?
In honor of the upcoming holiday, Valentine’s Day, here’s how I know.
Shoutout to my man for treating me like a queen.
- You will become a priority.
- Your needs will be put before theirs.
- You will be looked at as if you are a masterpiece, flaws and all.
- You will be respected one hundred and ten percent.
- Your love will hold your hand when you feel cold, or anxious, or when they want you to know they don’t want to let you go.
- Your relationship will be mature.
- Your love will stay when times get rough.
- Your love will make time for you.
- Your love will put in effort.
- You will not be left crying yourself to sleep.
- Your love will see the best in you.
- You will be welcomed with open arms.
- Your love will support you in whatever you do, and will motivate you to keep going.
- Your love will be honest to you.
- Your love will mend the wrongs.
- You will be met halfway.
- Your love will not make you feel bad about yourself.
- You will be embraced for your total self.
- Your love will recognize your problems and help you fix them.
- Your love will listen to your anxieties and your fears.
- Your love will wipe your tears away.
- Your love will appreciate you.
- Your love will tell you good morning, ask you how your day is going, and tell you goodnight.
- You will never feel as if you are not good enough.
- Your love is about feelings found. Found again and again until the end of time.
- Your love will love you exactly the way you are, because you are you.
Not everybody’s love story will be the same. If they were, this would be a boring world. It would be a world without Taylor Swift songs, a world without RomCom movies. It would be a world in which all blog posts like this one are alike.
When you’ve met your love, you will know. It will feel different. A good different. And however your story unfolds, it will be the best love story there is. xoxo.