Today, my honey turns 26 years old, only solidifying the fact that we are now both old and approaching life after retirement. *cringes*
So on the day of your birth [I certainly hope you are reading this at one point in the next couple hours or days] I am going to tell the world why I love you so:
- You gave into my obsession and let me adopt a guinea pig. In addition to the whole adoption part of this, you also let me name her Kenneth, and you let her live at the apartment and sleep next to your bed. You don’t get annoyed with my 8,000 pictures of her daily, and you send me 8,000 more back. And you didn’t make fun of me when I suggested we create an Instagram page for her [PSA: FOLLOW @kenneth.the.guinea.pig – you won’t regret it].
- You constantly compliment me, even when I feel or look like shit. It annoys the crap out of me that you think I look just as good in sweats with no makeup as I do when I am all dressed for work, but hey, guess it could be worse!
- You make me laugh. You are literally the funniest person I know. And your laugh makes me laugh harder – it’s a vicious cycle.
- We make a good team. We can do anything together. No matter what it is, we always have a good time. We say the same things at the same times. We think the same thoughts. Sometimes our clothes even match. And, we always run the table in beer pong. *high five*
- We always have fun. Whether it’s eating ice cream out of the carton watching Netflix in bed, going to the store at 10PM, or going away for a mini-vacation, we always have a good time. I didn’t know trips to Wegmans could be so much fun before I met you.
- You always support me and my life decisions. There is not one thing that I have done with my life that you have not supported. You always tell me how proud you are of me, and that means more to me than you’ll ever know.
- You never give up on me. You’ve seen me at the highest of highs and the lowest of lows, and at the end of the day, you are always there.
- You love me at my best and my worst. I can act like a weirdo and you don’t question any of it. You love that I wear weird clothes and eat strange things that you don’t like. You’re always there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on or a person to laugh at. You’ve taken care of me when I was sick, and take care of me when I’m healthy.
- You’re so good looking. Especially with that new haircut. And dressed for work. And in crewneck sweatshirts. And always.
- You’re my best friend. You mean more to me than anyone in the entire universe ever has, and I’m so glad we get to adventure through this crazy life together.HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you! xoxo.