All bag carriers, unite!
I know, I know. You’re probably all thinking, *really, another bag haul.. didn’t she just do this?* The answer: a month ago, yes. But a lot changes in a month [bag included], and I figured it was time for you to see the unnecessary crap I am carrying in my bag this month! So stick around – it’s gonna be a great time!
YALUXE Women’s Vintage Style Soft Leather Work Tote Large Shoulder Bag | I got this handbag as a gift from my honey on our anniversary. I told him I had wanted a larger bag to carry all my things in for work that looked a little more professional, but wasn’t too expensive, as it gets shoved in a locker everyday. Low and behold, this bag has become the best thing ever. It holds everything I need, it’s stylish, comfortable. It’s great. Find it here.
What’s in it:
- Kate Spade Cameron Street Lacey wallet | A repeat from last month, but this wallet is my ride or die.
- Vera Bradley Breakaway Lanyard | Again, a repeat from last month, but how would I get myself into work without it?!
- Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Body Lotion in the scent Comfort | Hand creams are my absolute best friend when the weather gets cold and my hands get dry. I had a coupon for a free item *score* and was able to pick up this hand lotion a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, the name does not lie. The vanilla and patchouli mashup makes you feel as if you are wearing a giant sweater and getting the biggest hug. And your hands are left feeling so soft. Totally a 10/10 recommendation.
- Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm | Shoutout to my Nana for this one, because she bought me two of these and they are my new obsession. For the last few weeks I have been battling a horrendous sinus/cold sickness, leaving my lips extra chapped due to not being able to breathe through my nose. This has been my lifesaver. Especially at night before I go to bed, it gives me that extra protection.
- Gloves | For when the cold weather is really too much for me to handle at 8:45am when I am getting students off the bus.
- Dayquil/Nyquil Combo Tablets | To assist with my aforementioned germiness.
- e.l.f. Mattifying Setting Powder in the shade Translucent | A repeat from last month, this product has become my ride or die and has helped make me get some life back into my face mid-day.
- Belvita Breakfast Biscuits | These have been my go-to when I don’t have enough time to make myself breakfast in the morning. I kid you not, literally every single flavor is so good that I never have a consistent one. But, also come in handy when I am left wishing I had an afternoon snack. A little snap of the fingers and *poof* my prayers are answered.
- Vaseline | To help with my super-chapped, red nose. Thanks, Kleenex.
- A pen | For those moments I really need one.
- Checkbook | To make me feel like I am a functioning adult.
- Orbit gum | I should really buy stock with them.
- Vera Bradley Soft Eyeglasses Case | To, you know, hold those things that make me able to see.
- Asthma inhaler | For those moments that you take my breath away.
- Keys | To be able to go into my house and lay in my bed, or go into my car and get the heck away.
- iPhone | Duh.
What are some things you can’t leave the house with? xoxo.
I come from a family of purse hoarders. Not solely in the sense of purchasing bags, but filling these bags with items that are not really necessarily for everyday functioning, leaving said bag weighing 35 pounds and causing back problems.
With that being said, welcome to a new thread of posts hilighting the things I carry around on a daily basis. While my bag does not weigh 35 pounds, I hope that shedding light on all of the unnecessary things I carry on a daily basis will help me to eliminatesome of this clutter in the near future.
Kate Spade Emerson Place Small Ryley Black Quilted Leather Handbag | I got this handbag as an absolute steal amidst my small stint working at the Kate Spade Outlet during last year’s holiday season. We would get select merchandise from the retail stores sent to us from time to time and were able to use our insane employee discount on these ridiculously gorgeous, expensive bags. This specific bag lasted a whole, I’d say, 3 minutes on the shelf in the stockroom before I made it mine.
What’s in it:
- Kate Spade Cameron Street Lacey wallet | Again, a purchase during my short stint as a Kate Spade employee. This wallet is my absolute fav due to the fact that a) it holds everything, and b) it’s big enough to use as a clutch in times where I don’t feel like lugging a bag around. And, extra points, it holds my phone!
- Bath and Body Works Shea Butter hand cream in the scent Cucumber Melon | With the changing weather comes the cracked, dry hands. This travel size shea butter hand cream is a god send for those days when my hands don’t quite feel like they can make it through another moment! And cucumber melon? Brings me straight back to the ’90s!
- Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade Exposed | My go-to nude lip. It goes with any possible look and compliments my skin tone perfectly. I keep this in my bag at all times for those days that I either forget to put on a lipstick, or when later on during the day I am questioning my sanity as to why I didn’t wear a lip color in the first place.
- Vera Bradley Breakaway Lanyard | aka home to my work I.D. and a Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer in the scent Energy, another favorite of mine from BBW.
- Chapstick Total Hydration chapstick in the scent Sweet Peach | I apply this to my lips every morning before work and every night before bed, and sometimes a few hours in-between. This scent is apparently specifically made for Target, so naturally, I own it. And the formula? Feels like butter. Can’t get much better.
- e.l.f. Mattifying Setting Powder in the shade Translucent | For those afternoon pick-me-ups that are needed after chasing kids around a classroom all day. It’s cheap, the packaging is durable, and it does its’ job.
- A pen | Can’t leave the house without one. Mostly because the thought of touching everyone else’s germy pens really grosses me out.
- Checkbook | Yes, I am old school. Yes, I have a checkbook. Get over it!
- Vera Bradley Soft Eyeglasses Case | aka home to either my glasses or my sunglasses, depending on which one is currently on my face
- Orbit gum | To kick the post-coffee breath.
- Ibuprofen | For mid-afternoon headaches, or casual aches and pains.
- Asthma inhaler | For when I really want to breathe but really can’t.
- Headphones | For the semi-rare occasion I go to the gym.
- Keys | To either enter my home or drive my car, both essential to living.
- iPhone | Can’t leave home without it.
What are some of the essentials you carry with you daily? xoxo.