With a mix of old and new, see what I’m listening to this month! xoxo
Earlier this month, I posted my all time favorite Christmas playlist for you guys to bop to. But for those of you not really into Christmas music as much as I am, fear not! This month’s [real] playlist is for you!
Sure, there is a slight mix of some Christmas songs that slipped into this playlist, but come on. It is December! Also, can we all take a moment to appreciate the Halsey/G-Eazy duet because I have not stopped listening to it once since it came out, so naturally, it is the first song on this list! And thanks to my recent [today] purchase of tickets to the Macklemore/Kesha tour, they snuck their way onto this list too.
What are some songs you can’t get enough of this month?! xoxo.
Is there Christmas music on this playlist?
SPOILER ALERT! Yes.
I feel like as the months go on, the spectrum of songs that I become obsessed with or can’t get enough of gets wider and wider. We have everything from the Foo Fighters [all thanks to getting tickets to their concert!!], to Mariah Carey, to The Beatles.
What are some songs you can’t get enough of this month? xoxo.
I know, I know. First thing on your mind has to be, ‘but Gab, it’s November!” My response to this is quite simple – it’s three days into the new month, so how could I possibly have a favorites list for the month of November already?! Again, simply stated, I can’t!
With that being said, let’s dive into the things I couldn’t get enough of throughout the month of October!
- IKEA KIVIK series. Guys, I LOVE MY NEW COUCH. You don’t really realize how much a cozy, comfortable couch matters until you’ve been sitting on a
shittyfuton from Walmart for well over a year! This bad boy [pictured above] was purchased at IKEA in St. Catherines, Ontario. The road to picking a couch was a long one [especially that day when we made it all the way to the basement of IKEA to get our stock only to realize the boxes were way to big to fit into the Jeep]. But this long road was totally and completely worth it. I love sitting in the living room to watch Netflix or Hulu now. And, I’ve gone into crazy-redecoration mode ever since this couch has made it into our living room, which can be either good or bad, depending on how you look at it [and yes, those are Christmas decorations starting to trickle in already..oops].
- Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm in the shade Healthy Blush. Let me shout it from the rooftops, I LOVE THIS LIP BALM. It moisturizes your lips while adding a healthy tint of color to them. It is totally everyday-wearable, is infused with SPF 20 and comes in four different shades. I got mine at Target for $6.49.
- hopeless fountain kingdom. God bless Halsey. God bless her talent. God bless this album. I’ve loved this girl from the start [well, really all thanks to my brother’s girlfriend for introducing me to her years ago], and I continue to love her through today. From “100 Letters” to “Walls Could Talk” this album can’t be beat. Plus it includes hits “Bad at Love” and “Now or Never,” songs you basically can’t turn on the radio without hearing. 10/10 recommend.
- Peace Love World. Surprisingly enough, my grandmother introduced me to this clothing brand all thanks to her slight obsession with QVC. She bought two shirts for me off air that she thought I would love and, boy, was she right! The material is so beyond soft and comfortable, yet when you wear them you look like you are right on trend with today’s fashion. I’ve gotten many compliments on these tops ever since they’ve been added to my wardrobe. And, added bonus, they have the little thumb holes in the sleeves for even more cozy comfort! Check it out here.
What are some things you couldn’t live without last month? xoxo.
Nothing says October playlist quite like songs that remind you of fall, both new and old, and an ode to love, thanks to anniversary months.
Check out the songs I’ve been loving!
What are some songs you’ve been loving? xoxo.
Well, friends. It’s back! [And missing the “#.0 tagline, but who really will miss that?!].
I full on expected this post to be filled with comfy and cozy sweaters, blankets, and pillows as an ode to fall and all things crisp and cozy, but, naturally, this week has already peaked at 90 degree temperatures so that is not happening. But, hey. Life goes on! Here’s some of the things I’ve been loving this month:
- Will and Grace. Ladies and gentlemen near and far. I have longed for the day that Will and Grace would be available to stream online. I felt as if a chunk of 90’s TV was missing and that Friends was just not enough *gasp* I know. Well, long no more! Thanks to Hulu, my prayers and dreams have been answered. I am way too excited for the revival season starting up soon and channeling all of this excitement into binge watching the past 8-seasons and 194-episodes. I have been laughing so hard, it hurts. I am already into season two and it hasn’t even been a week. No shame in my game.
- This is Us. Two TV shows in one post, I know.. who am I? Because my schedule is more hectic than not, I am the self-proclaimed worst at watching current TV series. Same goes for This is Us. I started this series about two months ago and just finished season 1 yesterday. Yes, I am late to the party, don’t all shame me at once. But I will go so far as to say this; this is hands-down the best show that has ever been on television. It deserves every Emmy nomination and win ever. This show is real. You connect to the characters and their struggles. You laugh, you cry, you get pissed off. You can’t get enough. Tuesday can’t come soon enough – I’m ready for season 2!
- Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte’s from Starbucks. It is no secret from my love of Target, Pinterest, and Starbucks that I am a perfect fit for the “basic white girl” joke that continues to float around every aspect of life. I will admit – I am not the biggest pumpkin spice fan in the world. Do I hate it? No. But I was never really one to obsessively chug PSL’s every waking second of everyday. That is, until this whole pumpkin spice chai tea latte came about. The extra dose of cinnamon and spice makes this beverage taste no short of a nice slice of pumpkin pie. Add some espresso in there and you’re flying through your Monday morning. Again, due to overwhelmingly hot weather, I have not tried it hot, only iced. But it’s definitely a winner.
- Pale Waves “Television Romance.” I feel as if this band plopped into my life at quite the perfect time. I go though these phases where I get so sick of the music I listen to and am desperately searching for something new. All thanks to my loves, The 1975, I was introduced to this band on their most recent tour. Now, here I sit overplaying their singles, patiently waiting for their upcoming album, and debating purchasing tickets to their upcoming tour. You can listen to their newest track, here.
What are some things you can’t get enough of this month? xoxo.
With a little taste of old and new, take a dive into what I’ve been listening to this month!
What are some songs on your go-to playlist this month?! xoxo.
- LANY. I know what you’re thinking, “another band made up of boys?!?!” The answer? Yes. All things yes. This band has been active since 2014, but it wasn’t until recently that I started tuning into their material, and let me tell you, I have become head over heels obsessed. I keep telling everyone I know to listen to their music and have turned into basically their marketing manager overnight??! All I know is, I haven’t listened to anything in my car other than their album, LANY, for about three weeks now. I am undoubtedly hooked. Check out one of their songs here.
- Baby Daddy. I didn’t start watching this show when it was trendy, same story goes for most shows I watch, but it popped up on Netflix a while back and my brother and his girlfriend were huge fans. I jumped in a couple times and watched with them, and suddenly it only made sense that I watched it from the beginning of the series. Now, here I am, with a new season out on Netflix that I finished in [not kidding] one day. If you need a good laugh or a little pick me up, check it out. You won’t be disappointed.
- Chobani Flip Coffee Brownie Bliss. Coffee flavored greek yogurt with biscotti pieces, milk chocolate, and brownie chunks. Need I say more? Personally, I love crunchy items in foods and its no surprise that I drink enough coffee to fill my body head to toe, so I feel as if Chobani dug deep into my soul and crafted this yogurt just for me. In their defense, however, I haven’t had a Chobani greek yogurt I haven’t liked, so there you go.
- e.l.f Double Ended Lipstick Duo in the shade Need it Nudes. I picked this up one weekend in Rochester with my boyfriend when I had forgotten a lipstick *gasps* at Target. I thought it was interesting to have two lipsticks included in the same wand, but much to my surprise, this has been the lipstick(s) I have been reaching for first. There were five options to choose from, but I got the nude shade(s) making it go with virtually everything in my wardrobe. The day end is a soft nude shade, whereas the night end is a bit bolder. The formula is sooooo creamy, it doesn’t dry my crusty lips out to the core. And, bonus? It was only $5! [$5 for two lipsticks…that’s almost unheard of].
Ok, ok. I will admit right at the beginning of this post that this is a very strange mix of old and new. However, the songs on this playlist are what is included on my daily jam sesh every time I get into the car.
Of course, there are more songs that could probably be added to this list *ahem the entire Harry Styles album* but, I decided to be modest at best and give you a little taste into my ideal music world this month.
Rock out. Enjoy. Jam. Whatever you feel. xoxo.
GUYS, IT IS REAL! THE 1975 RELEASED NEW MUSIC TODAY!
Okay, so it is not technically brand new considering it is a cover of a song, but I’m taking this opportunity of saying it is new and running with it. [New music only makes me that much more excited to go see this band in May! If that seems even remotely possible].
This cover of Sade’s By Your Side was recorded to benefit War Child, a charity that protects and supports children that have been in some way, shape, or form, been affected by war.
Listen to the song and Matty’s interview here, and swoon over this band/this man just as I am right now [and everyday of my life, for that matter].
Also, can we talk about the corduroy suit/turtleneck combo. And the shaved sides, which can be seen here. Because, it is everything. xoxo.