One thing I’ve been really into reading lately revolves around everyone’s morning beauty routines. I find that posts like this are so informative, and help me, in a sense, to get to know the person I am reading about. It is these posts that introduce me to new products and get me looking into whether or not some of these beauty items are ones that I should try sometime in the near future.
Working where I do, I do not put much makeup on. Some days, not any at all. But, the days that I do decide to put some makeup on, it is very, very minimal at best. I don’t really get into a full face of “glam” unless it is the weekend, or there is somewhere that I have to be that requires me to look significantly better than a dead fish. When it comes to the makeup I use, my everyday routine consists of using products that have been around for some time. These products are probably ones that you have heard of or used before, but I can’t find myself stepping outside of my “comfort zone” because I know what works for me, so why change it?!
Makeup Products I Use Everyday
- Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Instant Perfecting Power Primer. This product runs for $14.00 at the drugstore. When it comes to primers, I find myself bouncing back and forth between this product and Benefit’s POREfessional Face Primer While I really enjoy Benefit’s primer, I can’t always justify spending the $31.00 when Soap and Glory’s primer works just as well for me for more than half the price. Plus, I love that Soap and Glory is now sold at Target too!
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation in the shade 115 Ivory. This product runs for $7.99 at the drugstore. I am not going to lie to you, I only started wearing foundation about a year ago. I purchased it because I had a wedding coming up and also had a coupon to use for Ulta. I am also not going to lie to you when I say that this is the only foundation I have ever bought and used. The only thing that has changed is the shade depending on my skin tone from summer to winter. While I do realize that there is so much more out there in the world of foundation, I really have that, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” attitude. It does its’ job and [major perk], it doesn’t wear off throughout the day, all while being an affordable price.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in the shade 15 Light. This product runs for $6.99 at the drugstore. Again, this is the first and only concealer I have ever purchased. Also again, the only thing that has changed about my concealer is the shade depending on my skin tone from summer to winter. I purchased this because it came from the same line as the foundation and I figured, “hey, why not?”
- NYX Matte Liquid Liner in the shade Black. This product runs for $6.99 at the drugstore. Unlike my foundation and concealer, I have tried a handful of eyeliners over time. Most recently, this has been my go-to; I find myself reaching for this every single morning. It is easy to apply and stays put all day. And the shade is an absolute opaque black that looks great on “naked” eyelids, as well as eyelids that are covered with every color of the rainbow.
- Lancôme Hypnose Drama Instant Full Volume Mascara in the shade Excessive Black. This product runs for $27.50 at Ulta. I most recently started using this product, just within this past week to be exact. My grandma uses Lancôme mascara and the beauty tech gave her the wrong formula so, it found its’ way into my hands. I rarely buy any luxury makeup items as I struggle with justifying paying the price for something that you can get for significantly cheaper, so I will be honest with you when I say that I wish I didn’t love this product so much because I will be purchasing this again. I was not blessed with the longest eyelashes and this mascara elongates my lashes so much that it looks like I have a pair of fake eyelashes on, or even eyelash extensions. I am absolutely obsessed.
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Perfect Finish HD Powder in the shade Sheer. This product runs for $6.00 at the drugstore. I am currently in the process of finding a good finishing powder and have most recently landed upon this one. I don’t really love it that much, but I don’t hate it either. It is just what I have been reaching for within this past month or so because it is the product I have handy at the moment. There is some flashback with this powder as well, not that I really take flash photos. But for those of you that do, beware.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in the shade Light Bronzer. This product runs for $14.99 at the drugstore. I will scream from the rooftops with every ounce of my being the amount of love I have for this product. First off, the smell. You get one whiff and it smells like summer and the beach and warmer weather and being on a secluded island. The product itself works wonders. It gives you the perfect sunkissed glow without looking orange or like you spent 8 hours getting a spray tan. I most recently hit pan on my most recent compact, and I am looking forward to buying this product again in the future!
- L’Oréal Brow Stylist Definer in the shade Brunette. This product runs for $8.99 at the drugstore. I most recently bought my first eyebrow pencil when I had a waxing experience gone wrong. It does its’ job and makes it look as if I do not have a gaping hole in my eyebrow. So, I am thankful for that.
- Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1. This product runs for $7.00 at Sephora. I struggle so bad in the winter months when it comes to chapped lips. They get so bad that they get to the point of bleeding and being extremely painful. After years of trying different things, this is the one that has finally worked for me! I apply it multiple times throughout the day and it is a miracle worker. Seriously, it never leaves my purse!
Makeup Tools I Use Everyday
- Morphe Flawless Beauty Sponge. This product runs for $7.00 at Ulta. I don’t really have a favorite when it comes to beauty sponges. My most recent purchase is Morphe’s and I really enjoy it! I didn’t get my hands on one until Morphe started being sold at Ulta. Plus for $7.00, you can’t beat the price! I have tried the whole foundation brush thing, but I can’t seem to get into it. I really love the way my makeup looks when I use this beauty sponge, so for now, I will stick with it.
- it Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Wand Ball Powder Brush #8. This product runs for $48.00 at Ulta. This brush was given to me, I did not purchase it on my own. I can’t really seem to justify spending $48.00 on makeup, let alone a makeup brush, but because I have this brush, I use it everyday. Truthfully, I wouldn’t recommend spending the money on a brush when there are much cheaper options available that work just as well!
- it Cosmetics Airbrush Essential Bronzer Brush #114. This product runs for $26.00 at Ulta. Same as with the ball powder brush, this product was given to me as a gift. I really like using this product, as it blends my bronzer in perfectly. However, again, I would not recommend spending a ton of money on a brush when there are cheaper options available!
What are some products that you reach for every single day and cannot live without? xoxo.