- Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce. In terms of shows on Netflix, when I start a new one I tend to binge and binge until I am completely through the entire series [or at least what is on Netflix]. This show, let me tell you, is absolutely hilarious all while leaving you on the edge of your seat. It revolves around self-help author Abby McCarthy who finds new friends, new adventures, and a new life after her impending divorce. Basically, her figuring out how to live life again after 17 years of marriage. It’s a hit, and I can’t wait for more.
- It’s Not Yet Dark by Simon Fitzmaurice. I made it my mission over this “vacation” to look at the list of top-selling books, to buy one, and to complete it either before vacation ends, or before school begins again. At the rate it is going, this book will be done in no time, as I can’t seem to put it down. A memoir about Mr. Fitzmaurice, who after being diagnosed and struggling with ALS, has gotten an entirely new outlook on life. You will go through every emotion throughout this book, as you learn about this young husband and father of five small children. I’ll be sure to write an overall review as soon as I’ve completed it.
- Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer. I will scream it from the rooftops, THIS. MOISTURIZER. HAS. SAVED. MY. LIFE. Well, my face, but you know what I mean. Back in the day, I used to have flawless skin. I know it sounds like I am tooting my own horn when I say that, but compared to now, you would think that we weren’t even the same person. I tried, and tried to find a facial moisturizer that will help with the dryness and the redness on my skin and finally, I found one. I checked out my nearest Target to find this moisturizer, sold for around $12. I’ve been using it in the morning and before night everyday for the past two weeks, and I have seen a complete change in the color and complexion of my skin. I am not scamming you. It works. It really fricken’ works.
- Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo. It wasn’t until the other day when my boyfriend said “you haven’t stopped using that since you bought it” that I realized how obsessed I was with this product. I just became a dry shampoo user within the last six months after buying a travel size bottle to being with me to Long Island for my brothers State hockey tournament. This bad boy saves me multiple mornings a week when my hair is clean enough to go to work without a full wash, but still needs that extra oomph in the morning. This brand runs for just under $5 at Target and comes in multiple scent variations. I haven’t had any problems with any residue and my hair looks great all day after use!
It has been a while since I’ve done a post like this, so welcome back! Here’s some things I currently can’t get enough of:
- Drake. It’s no secret that Drake dropped his new album, More Life. It is also no secret that I am absolutely, whole-heartedly obsessed with Drake. What made my soul beam from the mountaintops is the fact that Drake literally gave Niagara Falls and Buffalo a quick little shoutout in his song ‘Can’t Have Everything.’ That’s just one gem off this 22 song album, so I suggest you go listen.
- The Mindy Project. I realize that I am probably a little behind on this trend, as I usually am when it comes to TV shows. I just recently in the last couple of months signed up for Hulu and was introduced to a whole entire new world of TV and movies that I normally would never give the light of day, The Mindy Project being one of them. This show is absolutely freaking hilarious and is the prefect little pick me up if you need a good laugh on a day when you would just rather a) cry or b) kill someone.
- Mediterranean Veggie Burgers. This past weekend, my boyfriend brought up the topic of veggie burgers a handful of times [for God knows what reason], so I decided to try it out. I went to my nearest Wegmans and picked up a pack of Morning Star Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers. They are made with chickpeas, spinach, and roma tomatoes and contain 10g of protein, 7g of fiber, and 70% less fat than ground beef. I paired them with red pepper hummus and a little onion on a whole wheat flatbread. Ahhhhmazing.
- Blistex Lip Medex Lip Protectant. This winter has absolutely killed my lips in terms of dryness. I am struggling to even wear any lipsticks out of my way too large collection because my lips get so dry, that they physically hurt. So far, this Blister is the absolute only thing that has worked for me. My lips are moisturized and they look healthy. Plus it is under $2, so everyone wins!
Thirteen days later, and we are back for a new version of “learn about more things that are currently consuming my life.” Enjoy!
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I started this Netflix original series one night just to play in the background of my room as I was trying to sleep. I knew I was going to pass out at any given time, and didn’t want to miss out on important parts of Parenthood, so I scrolled through and found this little gem of a series. Oh my god, it is so funny. It kind of has the same vibe [and some of the same actors!] as 30 Rock, which I love. Plus, I feel like anything involving Tina Fey is automatically iconic. I am done with the two seasons available and am constantly wishing for more!
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. Not going to lie here, I completely judged a book by its cover considering it was a required text for school that my professor sprung on us the second day of the semester, telling us we had to complete and write a 10 page response on in 7 days. So, I was bitter about it before I even read the first word. But as I am a little more than halfway done, I realize that this is a great choice for a required-read for just about anyone approaching the scary real-world, or anyone who needs a little pick-me-up. These seven habits are important life lessons – be proactive, begin with the end in mind, put first things first, think win-win, seek first to understand-then to be understood, synergize, and sharpen the saw.
- Nyx Cosmetics Epic Ink Lip Dye in the shade Blaze. I went to Ulta the other day for a new beauty blender and saw the massive display of this new [I think?] lip line from Nyx. I grabbed one in the shade Blaze and figured I’d try it out, not only because it was new, but because the shade looked killer [and, of course, I had a coupon]. The formula is extremely thin, kind of not what I expected, but something I loved. It dried super fast into this super-matte-lightweight-yet-bold lip color. I wore it the entire day and did a very small touch up only once. Highly recommend.
- John Mayer, The Search for Everything: Wave 1. Guys, are you kidding me? From 2013 up until now was the world’s longest wait for some new music from John Mayer. Sometimes when artists go so long without releasing anything new, I get nervous because Lord only knows how the music will sound. But in this instance, this album was so beyond worth the wait, I don’t even know what else to say about it. Just listen to it, and you’ll get what I mean.
- The 1975. I am obsessed with them every day/week/month/year of my life, that is nothing new here, but this week’s obsession with the band stems from the fact that they are playing two freaking nights in my hometown on their spring tour. Annnnd I got approved for a presale code to buy tickets tomorrow. Nothing can really top this right now. xoxo.