After a long weekend full of St. Patrick’s day themed adventures, I could not be any happier to be in my bed at 9:26pm on a Monday night.
I mean, how could you not participate in St. Paddy’s activities when your city has been named the #1 place to celebrate by USA Today?
Since Thursday, it seems as if I haven’t eaten anything that was not classified as fast food or had a drink that didn’t have at least one drop of alcohol in it. Today, it all hit me like a train zooming down the tracks at dance class. I felt disgusting, tired, and fat, and like I never wanted to eat another slice of pizza ever again. [Disclaimer: this will probably never happen].
So, here I am looking up ways to do a much needed detox. So far, here’s what I’ve found:
- Chug lemon water. Or if lemon doesn’t float your boat, use cucumber.
- Raw foods rock. Even juice cleanses are considered a raw food diet.
- Sweat it out. Exercise until you feel like you’re going to vomit.
- Meditate to reduce stress and increase body function.
- Cut sugar intake.
- Drink tea, not coffee.
- Go for the foods labeled organic.
If you have any tips on how to detox, or know anything that has worked for you/a friend/a neighbor, hit a girl up. I am ready to learn and ready to eliminate these toxins! xoxo.