Guys, I’ve made it to quarter life.
I’ve officially been plopped down onto this Earth for 25 years now and, quite frankly, I still feel as if I should be awaiting my “monumental” 21st birthday. I don’t really know where all these years have gone, but I know they’ve happened because, obviously, today is my birthday!
Last year, I posted 24 things I wanted to accomplish and focus on. While I didn’t accomplish all of these things, I did accomplish some – I’d like to think the important ones! So, in honor of my 25th birthday, I am compiling a list of 25 things that I have learned throughout this [crazy] thing called life.
- There is no better drink than a fresh cup of coffee.
- Family is the most important thing in your life. Don’t let them go unappreciated.
- There are friends who will come and go. You shouldn’t get caught up on these friends; you should appreciate the constant friends who have stuck by your side through it all.
- Travel as much as you can, especially while you have the time.
- It is totally not worth looking “cute” in the winter. Bundle yourself up and keep warm. The only ones who will judge you looking like a marshmallow are the ones who are freezing cold.
- Mental health is important. Take a step back and a deep breath when you need it.
- College [whether going for an associates, bachelor’s or master’s degree] is one of the hardest paths you will ever walk upon. But in the end, to say you made it is all worth it.
- And speaking of college, you totally don’t need to pay full price for textbooks. Rent those suckers!
- It’s totally okay to eat donuts for breakfast.
- You can never have too many lipsticks.
- Or pairs of shoes.
- Knowing when to say “no” is the greatest strength you can have.
- Cut off all of your hair. Even if you don’t like it, it always grows back.
- Never compare yourself to anyone else. You are you for a reason. Embrace it.
- Seafood is definitely disgusting.
- Go ahead and binge watch shows on Netflix. It’s absolutely socially acceptable.
- Guinea pigs make for the best pets.
- And it’s totally okay to stalk puppy instagrams.
- 90’s alternative music is meant to be sung at the top of your lungs.
- Have a dance party in your kitchen. You will feel totally liberated.
- Pinterest saves lives. You will find everything you need on one website.
- Your one true love is out there. Don’t settle for less than you deserve.
- Always order dessert.
- Budget the heck out of your money.
- Your happiness is, and always be, the thing that matters the most.
Here’s to being another year older! Can’t wait to see what this year brings. xoxo.