Holy crap, guys. It’s September 1st.
By the time this posts, I will be en route to Lake George, New York for the Labor Day weekend. This will be the last few days I have to relax before kick-starting into the new school year! As always, we will end August with a little recap of the month that has passed.
This month’s experiences included:
- The end of summer session for my kiddos.
- The final grad parties of the year.
- A few days off for a mini-vacation.
- Saying goodbye to my brother, his girlfriend, and my cousin as they went off to college.
- Celebrating my parents’ 25th wedding anniversary.
- Moving my brother into college in Akron, Ohio.
- The beginning of my last semester of grad school. [!!!!!!]
- Going to the Buffalo Bisons game and eating my first hot dog since age three.
- Working a couple weeks of summer camp.
- Going to Canandaigua, New York.
- Winning for the first time at Bingo.
The month of August was one that, I think, my entire family really dreaded. A lot of changes occurred throughout this month, and some of us have been more effected than others. Nonetheless, the month really was a great end to summer and a good welcoming into the fall season, and there are many things that I have to look forward to during the month of September!
What are some of your hilights for the month of August?! xoxo.
With a little taste of old and new, take a dive into what I’ve been listening to this month!
What are some songs on your go-to playlist this month?! xoxo.
I feel like the more I blink, the faster the months go by. July has come and gone faster than a speeding bullet, and I feel that at the pace we are going, 2017 will be over with. My calendar this month was so extremely full that I feel like it wasn’t even really a “summer vacation.”
This July consisted of:
- A Fourth of July celebration
- Multiple grad parties between both my family, my boyfriend’s family, and multiple family friends
- Family reunions and picnics for both my and my boyfriend’s families
- A day trip to Erie, PA
- Working a summer camp
- Getting my new ‘batch’ of students and beginning the upcoming school year
- A day trip to Canandaigua, NY
- Beginning and completing a summer class [that I never thought I’d survive]
- Many days and nights spent with friends and family
- Eating copious amounts of ice cream, my favorite part of summer
August is a month that seemed so far away only a few short months ago. So much is about to happen and so much is about to change this month, that there definitely will not be a shortage in terms of things to talk about on this blog. I will be experiencing new things, and will, undoubtedly, have many things going through my mind. xoxo.