Is there Christmas music on this playlist?
SPOILER ALERT! Yes.
I feel like as the months go on, the spectrum of songs that I become obsessed with or can’t get enough of gets wider and wider. We have everything from the Foo Fighters [all thanks to getting tickets to their concert!!], to Mariah Carey, to The Beatles.
What are some songs you can’t get enough of this month? xoxo.
This is your Sunday reminder that you can handle whatever this week throws at you! xoxo.
Good morning, lovelies.
Today is the day I have been looking forward to all week – a day off! Learning of the weather we would be experiencing today, I have been so excited to do absolutely nothing but curl into a blanket on the couch with a hot cup of coffee, catch up on some shows, do some homework, you know the deal. I have been exponentially cold all week, so the information of having morning temperatures be around 7 degrees just was not tickling my fancy today [and I am so thankful I am not out in it having to get kids off the bus!].
So, naturally, it was not too much to my surprise that I woke up to snow this morning! Yes, you read that right.. Buffalo’s first snowfall of the season. Surprisingly enough, I am not the biggest fan of snow, something so unnatural for where I live. However, I must say that looking up from this post out my window, seeing that light snow falling from the sky, it does look pretty.
While it is not a lot of snow, and it is kind-of-not-really sticking to the ground, it’s enough to constitute it as our first snow. So, to everyone off observing Veteran’s Day, I hope today finds you extra cozy and full of [early] holiday cheer. xoxo.
P.S. – Yes, I am wearing Crocs. Don’t shame me!
I love Christmas.
If you have ever seen the movie, Elf.. Buddy the elf is basically me. I have no shame in admitting this.
There is a long-standing debate in what seems to be throughout the world as to how early is too early to put up holiday decorations [in my case, Christmas]. I feel like previously being in retail management for six years has tampered with my thoughts as to what is an acceptable time versus what is not. Heck, we started changing floor sets and window displays the week before Halloween! So, in my defense, it only seems natural that I am already in full Christmas mode and I am ready to explode. It is like a switch turned on in my body the second the clock hit November 1st and I cannot be contained.
While I have not put up a Christmas tree, I did go as far as to put just about everything else up throughout the apartment – signs, figurines, pillows, blankets, candles, hanging decorations, and so forth. Adding more fuel to the fire, I cannot stop buying Christmas decor. It would be best for everyone if we all just worked together as a team and guided my body away from the Target or JoAnn Fabrics entrances, because I have a [semi] serious problem.
So, with that being said, how early is too early? I am ready and willing to listen to what all of you have to say. Help me out here, am I really as crazy as I make myself seem? xoxo.
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, my mind is already reeling over things to make and things to bring to Thanksgiving dinner.
Would it be any surprise to any of you if I said I have turned to Pinterest for a little help? No? I didn’t think so.
Since I am not the world’s greatest cook [the first step is admitting it], my mind is leaning toward baking some fall desserts. When I think Thanksgiving desserts, naturally, the first thing I think of is pie; pumpkin pie, apple pie, cherry pie, you name it. With that being said, I am thinking of stepping outside of the traditional Thanksgiving cookie cutter dessert and diving into something more non-traditional, but still very fall and still very good [hopefully].
Because Pinterest is really a world that seems larger than the one we live on, I had to stop myself somewhere, take a step back, and analyze everything I had found [which was a lot]. Attached are my top five potential dessert ideas that are festive, easy and look a heck of a lot of good.
What are some Thanksgiving desserts you just can’t live without? xoxo.
Yesterday was my mother’s birthday.
We started the weekend by surprising her and bringing my brother home from college. Because this weekend was filled with family gatherings and celebrations – I totally did not realize that this post did not go up and there was a glitch in the scheduling of it. With that being said, happy birthday mom. Here’s your post – one day later.
There is no better friend, supporter, advocate, or love than that shared with your mother. While a mother’s love is the most important you can have, this is no different with mine.
My mom is one of, if not the most, important person in my life. She has sacrificed so much to raise me and it means more than I will ever be able to express in any blog post whatsoever. She is full of love and motivation, always putting the needs of me and my brother before anything and anyone else.
Thank you are two words that mean so little when comparing them to every little thing that she has done for us. Whether it is driving us to countless hockey tournaments or baton competitions, buying us the things that we want but don’t ever ask for, or trying to snuggle us on the couch, even to this day, it does not go unnoticed. For the laughter, the smiles, the lessons, the reminders; for loving, for caring, for worrying, you are the best mom in the world and for that, I am eternally grateful.
So, mom, I love you so much, to the ends of the Earth until the day I am no longer walking on it. Happy 55th birthday, you rock! xoxo.
I know, I know. First thing on your mind has to be, ‘but Gab, it’s November!” My response to this is quite simple – it’s three days into the new month, so how could I possibly have a favorites list for the month of November already?! Again, simply stated, I can’t!
With that being said, let’s dive into the things I couldn’t get enough of throughout the month of October!
- IKEA KIVIK series. Guys, I LOVE MY NEW COUCH. You don’t really realize how much a cozy, comfortable couch matters until you’ve been sitting on a
shitty futon from Walmart for well over a year! This bad boy [pictured above] was purchased at IKEA in St. Catherines, Ontario. The road to picking a couch was a long one [especially that day when we made it all the way to the basement of IKEA to get our stock only to realize the boxes were way to big to fit into the Jeep]. But this long road was totally and completely worth it. I love sitting in the living room to watch Netflix or Hulu now. And, I’ve gone into crazy-redecoration mode ever since this couch has made it into our living room, which can be either good or bad, depending on how you look at it [and yes, those are Christmas decorations starting to trickle in already..oops].
- Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm in the shade Healthy Blush. Let me shout it from the rooftops, I LOVE THIS LIP BALM. It moisturizes your lips while adding a healthy tint of color to them. It is totally everyday-wearable, is infused with SPF 20 and comes in four different shades. I got mine at Target for $6.49.
- hopeless fountain kingdom. God bless Halsey. God bless her talent. God bless this album. I’ve loved this girl from the start [well, really all thanks to my brother’s girlfriend for introducing me to her years ago], and I continue to love her through today. From “100 Letters” to “Walls Could Talk” this album can’t be beat. Plus it includes hits “Bad at Love” and “Now or Never,” songs you basically can’t turn on the radio without hearing. 10/10 recommend.
- Peace Love World. Surprisingly enough, my grandmother introduced me to this clothing brand all thanks to her slight obsession with QVC. She bought two shirts for me off air that she thought I would love and, boy, was she right! The material is so beyond soft and comfortable, yet when you wear them you look like you are right on trend with today’s fashion. I’ve gotten many compliments on these tops ever since they’ve been added to my wardrobe. And, added bonus, they have the little thumb holes in the sleeves for even more cozy comfort! Check it out here.
What are some things you couldn’t live without last month? xoxo.
Well, there we have it. My favorite month of the year has come and gone.
While apples did not get picked and pies did not get baked, this month was filled with a plethora of activities – so much so that I am actually unsure as to how it is already November 1st and we are almost done with 2017. Looking at our calendar, I am actually unsure as to how we did not drop dead from everything that got done this month.
Here’s a look into what was the crazy [and hot!] month of October:
- Family weekend at the University of Akron the first weekend in October – anytime visiting with my brother is considered to be a highlight of the month
- Certification classes, as per New York State
- Passing teacher certification tests (yay!!)
- Mid-term week coming to an end, filled with many projects and papers to boot
- A weekend trip to wine country in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario for my anniversary with my boyfriend
- Celebrating another year marked with my boyfriend (as mentioned above, but it was a major highlight so it gets another bullet)
- Buying our first couch from IKEA and redecorating the living room of the apartment
- Multiple Halloween parties and celebrations with great groups of friends turned family
- Taking my guinea pig to the vet for the first time and having everybody love him, post his picture to the vet office Facebook, and follow him on Instagram
- Trick or Treating with my students around the school and having my first Halloween celebration working in a school
What are some amazing things you’ve done this month? xoxo