This Saturday through Sunday, my boyfriend and I will be spending the weekend at Pillar and Post in Niagara-on-the-Lake for our anniversary. Looking ahead, I am so thrilled to see the forecast for this weekend in front of me. Low 70’s makes for a great time exploring this little quaint town and the wineries that come with it.
Of course, being the person that I am, I am worried about what the heck to pack with me for this weekend trip. I believe I’ve discussed this previously on this blog, but if not, we will address it again – I am a severe over-packer. In all honesty, it’s quite bad.
As of now, I have formulated a packing list that is absolutely perfect for a weekend in wine country.
- Comfortable shoes | I personally have never in my life done a wine tour, but if there is one thing that I have learned through research, it is not to wear heels, but something comfortable and easy to move around in.
- Flowy tops | Perfect for layering under jackets or sweaters.
- Skinny denim | The perfect pairing for flowy tops.
- Sunglasses | I am not the sunhat-type-person, so for me, sunglasses will be a go-to.
- A light sweater or jacket | For when it gets chilly at night time.
- My camera | I have a “professional” camera [aka a camera that is not my iPhone] that I don’t find much use for anymore now that my brother isn’t home and we aren’t going to sporting events or school dances every weekend. Wine country is sure to make for some Instagram-worthy shots and I definitely don’t want to miss out.
- A swimsuit | The hotel that we are staying at has both an indoor and outdoor pool that is absolutely to die for. I kid you not, the images of these pools make me feel relaxed and I am not even in them yet.
- A neutral handbag | One way to avoid overpacking? Avoid packing more than one handbag. I have found that for any vacation, a neutral handbag has become my go-to for the sole fact that I don’t have to switch purses to coordinate with my outfit of the day.
- Neutral makeup | This can directly relate to the idea above – the more neutral the makeup, the less of it you have to pack! One great way to switch up your look from day to night, or even one day to the next, is to swap out your lipstick color. Much lighter to pack than five eyeshadow palettes!
- Presents | One of my favorite parts of anniversaries is giving my boyfriend gifts. Anyone that continues to put up with me year after year is worth spoiling rotten!
What are some of your must haves for a weekend getaway? xoxo.