After some crazy days of job training, studying for SCIP certifications, writing papers, and trying to breathe, I had a second to sit back and unwind a bit from all the madness.
I turned to my trusty CrockPot and made some dinner and a little dessert for my boyfriend and I. Today’s recipe, Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili. I found this recipe on Pinterest, of course, and could not resist. It just sounded soooo good. Plus, the weather has been quite cool, so what better to eat than a nice, hot bowl of chili?!
I got everything I needed for this recipe (not including the chicken, I already had some of that in the fridge) for $17! You can’t beat it. Check out the recipe below.
I also put together some brownies with Resee’s peanut butter cups. What more could you want out of life, honestly? And then I wonder why I can’t seem to lose any weight as fast as I’d like.
Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours, 5 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24oz can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 15oz cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 4oz cans diced green chiles
- 1 15oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tsp talk
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- small handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Sliced jalapeños
- Sliced avocados
- Dollop of sour cream
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla strips
- Shredded Monterey jack or Mexican cheese
- Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker. Top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth, cilantro. Stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and half and half. Stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Stir well and serve with desired toppings.