Thirteen days later, and we are back for a new version of “learn about more things that are currently consuming my life.” Enjoy!
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I started this Netflix original series one night just to play in the background of my room as I was trying to sleep. I knew I was going to pass out at any given time, and didn’t want to miss out on important parts of Parenthood, so I scrolled through and found this little gem of a series. Oh my god, it is so funny. It kind of has the same vibe [and some of the same actors!] as 30 Rock, which I love. Plus, I feel like anything involving Tina Fey is automatically iconic. I am done with the two seasons available and am constantly wishing for more!
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. Not going to lie here, I completely judged a book by its cover considering it was a required text for school that my professor sprung on us the second day of the semester, telling us we had to complete and write a 10 page response on in 7 days. So, I was bitter about it before I even read the first word. But as I am a little more than halfway done, I realize that this is a great choice for a required-read for just about anyone approaching the scary real-world, or anyone who needs a little pick-me-up. These seven habits are important life lessons – be proactive, begin with the end in mind, put first things first, think win-win, seek first to understand-then to be understood, synergize, and sharpen the saw.
- Nyx Cosmetics Epic Ink Lip Dye in the shade Blaze. I went to Ulta the other day for a new beauty blender and saw the massive display of this new [I think?] lip line from Nyx. I grabbed one in the shade Blaze and figured I’d try it out, not only because it was new, but because the shade looked killer [and, of course, I had a coupon]. The formula is extremely thin, kind of not what I expected, but something I loved. It dried super fast into this super-matte-lightweight-yet-bold lip color. I wore it the entire day and did a very small touch up only once. Highly recommend.
- John Mayer, The Search for Everything: Wave 1. Guys, are you kidding me? From 2013 up until now was the world’s longest wait for some new music from John Mayer. Sometimes when artists go so long without releasing anything new, I get nervous because Lord only knows how the music will sound. But in this instance, this album was so beyond worth the wait, I don’t even know what else to say about it. Just listen to it, and you’ll get what I mean.
- The 1975. I am obsessed with them every day/week/month/year of my life, that is nothing new here, but this week’s obsession with the band stems from the fact that they are playing two freaking nights in my hometown on their spring tour. Annnnd I got approved for a presale code to buy tickets tomorrow. Nothing can really top this right now. xoxo.